Federal loan exit guidance provides information that is important prepare you to definitely repay your federal figuratively speaking. Each time you: drop below half-time enrollment, graduate or leave school for subsidized and unsubsidized loans, you must complete exit counseling.
Exit guidance describes your legal rights and duties being education loan debtor and offers:
- Your loan that is outstanding stability
- An believed payment per month quantity
- A description associated with the different payment plans
- Advantages and disadvantages of loan consolidation
- Information regarding loan forgiveness, deferments, and forbearance
The type(s) of loan exit guidance you have to finish is dependent upon which federal educational loan(s) you’ve got lent.
Virginia Western doesn’t Federal Direct Student that is automatically award Loans. Students whom desires to get a Direct scholar Loan must submit a Federal Direct scholar Loan Request Form (PDF).
For more information about Direct Loans (including interest that is current), visit https: //studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index. Action or the school funding workplace.
For all about consolidating a preexisting Stafford Loan with a Direct Loan, visit https: //studentaid. Ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/consolidation or call 800-557-7392 (TDD/TTY: 800-557-7395).
Student Education Loans
To request a Direct scholar Loan, pupils must meet up with the exact exact exact same eligibility that is basic as other detailed educational funding and sign up for at the least 6 monetary aid-eligible credits.
- Complete a complimentary Application for Federal scholar help or Renewal Application.
- If you should be a first-time Direct Loan debtor and have perhaps perhaps not gotten a Stafford Loan, complete Direct scholar Loan Entrance Counseling.
You must also review this document about subsidized loan limits from the US Department of Education: Direct Subsidized Loan Eligibility for First-Time Borrowers if you are a first-time borrower. (PDF)
- Complete a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN). The MPN may be the document that is legal that you vow to settle your Direct Loans and any accrued interest and costs. Moreover it describes the conditions and terms of one’s loans.
- Complete and submit a Loan Request Form (PDF) towards the school funding workplace via mail, fax or in-person.
Pupils have to finish Exit guidance if:
- You drop or withdraw classes to lower than half-time or start to attend as a lower than half-time pupil.
- You withdraw fully through the university.
- That you don’t start classes in a semester that is subsequent.
- You complete and graduate from an application.
You will be notified by e-mail to your Virginia Western e-mail account, or, if you’re perhaps perhaps maybe not longer going to, with a mailed page into the target on file.
To try to get an immediate Parent PLUS Loan, pupils must meet with the exact exact exact same fundamental eligibility requirements as other detailed aid that is financial.
- Finish the PLUS MPN for Moms And Dads.
- Complete and submit a primary Parent PLUS Loan Request Form (PDF) into the school funding workplace via mail, fax, or in-person.
Details about education loan payment therefore the various payment plans available is present at https: //studentaid. Ed.gov/sa/repay-loans. Pupils can use their FSA ID and password to log to the student that is federal internet site, https: //studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index. Action, to look at real loan totals and calculated month-to-month payment by payment plan. Repayment for Federal Direct figuratively speaking starts six months following the student graduates, will leave college, or falls below half-time enrollment. Federal PLUS loans don’t have any elegance duration.
Loan repayment is handled through financing servicer assigned to your loan by the U.S. Department of Education. Details about loan servicers is present at https: //studentaid. Ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/understand/servicers#select.
Loan Information Disclosure
Parent or student Federal Direct Loan info is submitted to your National Scholar Loan information System (NSLDS) and available by authorized agencies, loan providers, and organizations.
Location: Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM